Saturday, November 16, 2013

La Vie en Rose

I was preparing to blog about the ballet I went to last night when I saw how far behind I was. I was skipping a major, musical event in my life... The UCSB Chamber Choir Tour of Paris, Tours, and Nanclars, France!


Professor Gervais keeps our tours full of rehearsals. We could hardly complain as we were able to rehearse in beautiful churches and landmarks, including Notre Dame. They even gave us the code to the side gate. We had two performances in Notre Dame. We sang for Mass and a concert with the Notre Dame choral school which Professor Gervias had founded.

Paris is amazing! I loved touring the city and the opportunity to sing in such historic venues.


The opera Paris house is incredible. The location of Phantom of the Opera the most beautiful part was this reception hall.

One of our last days all together I hung out with Angky, Erica and Kristen. We did some shopping along the Champs Elysees, and walked pass the Arc de Triomphe on our way to the Eiffel Tower.






I stayed in Paris a few days on my own in order to see everything on my list. I had the time to see Sacre Coeur, Dome church (where Napoleon is burried) the Louvre, Musee' de l'Orangerie and Versailles.


One of our free days was in Tours. I really wanted to seesome castles so went with Cheryl to Chambord, Azay le Rideau, Chenonceau, and and Villandry.


-Some of my favorite quotes: "Look at all these French trees." "We have the evening free. Basically you can walk home any way you want to."
-Churches visited: Notre Dame, St. Etienne du Mont, St. Chapelle, Eglise Saint-Pierre-Ville, Tours Cathedral, LDS church in Tours, Eglise Saint-Antoine de Loches, Abbatiale Saint-Amant-de-Boixe, Dome Church, Sacre Coeur
-Towers climbed: Pantheon, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower
-Opera houses: Paris,
-Prisons toured: Conciergie
-Chateau visited: Azay le Rideau, Villandry, Chambord, Chenonceau
-Museums visited: Musee d' Louvre, L'Orangerie
-Palaces visited: Versailles
-Other: Arc de Triomphe, Catacombes, Moulin Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment