Saturday, February 7, 2015

February 2014

February brought with it something I could mark off my bucket list. I sang at my first Music and the Spoken Word broadcast February 9 with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. You can watch the broadcast here on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ZTc_1gtVQ
We sang the following:
High on a Mountain Top
In the Garden
Love One Another
Worthy Is the Lamb That Was Slain, from Handel's Messiah
High on a Mountain Top is one of my favorite hymns. I love this arrangement by Mack Wilberg. The hymn builds and grows throughout. I chose Love One Another to use for my live audition for Mack Wilberg and Ryan Murphy so I was especially pleased to see it on this morning's broadcast.
Up until this year the only works from the Messiah that I knew were the Hallelujah Chorus and For Unto Us a Child is Born. I really enjoyed learning and performing Worthy Is the Lamb That Was Slain.


In February, the Temple Square Chorale was invited to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on the Easter Recording they were releasing entitled, He Is Risen. http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/shop/products/he-is-risen-2014?lang=eng
Tracks include:
Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
In the Garden
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Jesus Has Risen
He Is Risen
Worthy Is the Lamb That Was Slain
I love this CD! I have countless Christmas CDs and songs but very little Easter music. I also love that this CD has the perfect blend of music. There's a children's Primary song, classic hymns, and a great choral masterpiece. There is truly something for everyone.This CD shares the message that Jesus is not dead, but is risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment