Wednesday, August 4, 2010

O Sole Mio- The Italian Tour

This summer the Santa Barbara Quire of Voyces toured Italy. There are about 32 singers and we ended up taking over 80 people! Beginning in Rome we sang at the Pantheon and High Mass at the Vatican!

Then on to beautiful Maiori on the Amalfi coast. I never thought I could be impressed by another beach town but... breathtaking!

We performed in Amalfi and on to Naples for another concert.
As co-founder of the Tower Climbing Club, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't find one tower to climb. We definitely weren't in Tuscany anymore. I did hike to the fort above Maiori.
Before leaving for the trip I knew I wanted to see the Roman catacombs. I had toured Rome the previous summer and didn't want to do the same tourist destinations everyone else was doing. This meant I had to find my own way to the catacomb's. Our first hotel, in Rome, was within walking distance of 3 catacombs! It was meant to be. And I was not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment